Monday, January 25, 2010

Aasal Theatrical Trailer



I was pretty upset after watching the low quality print recorded from a theatre using camera phone. I compared it with Billa's trailer and went on dissing it at once. But, deep down I knew it can't go this bad and I just waited for the actual and high quality of the same. Guess, my wait has paid off.

I really liked it. Trailer simply looks slick and uber cool. All the frames chosen are very sylish and to me Billa's trailer still stands tall. Even though Aasal trailer is nowhere near Billa's, it has elements in it's own terms. Trailer opens up with Nadigar Thilagam offering pooja, "Sivaji Productions" title appears and the next frame shows our man's walk with camera focusing on legs. I couldn't take my eyes off stunning shots the trailer carries after that. The trailer really travels in a fast pace, and I just pray the whole movie to be like this.

What I like

1. Mr.Smart of Kollywood, looks handsome as usual. From the trailer alone, my primary concern, weight doesn't seems to be a problem. Thala looks perfect in all frames. Keeping my fingers crossed as Thala looks great throughout the flick. Just watch out for the mannerisms, style and charisma Ajith shows on screen. For example, take a lool again on the last portion, Ajith walking ala boxer.
In short, Thala Ajith - Screen Presence redefined...

2. It seems both the ladies have quite meaty roles to play as well as all five villains. Locations are fresh and pretty new to Thamizh audience - sure to lift the whole movie to one more level up. Costumes are another plus point. Be it villain or anyone whithin the frame, all look fantastic with their outfit.

3. A few dialogues uttered by protagonist are well penned and pretty sharp. The way Ajith delivers those dialogues is just too good. One can't deny the vast improvement of dialogue delivery and modulation of our man here.

  • Vaai tappu senjA, kannu kAtti koduthirum...

  • Ethiri kannukku agap padAma adikkanumnA, avan kaN imaiku adila pOyidanum...


  • There's one more line spoken by Sampath, one of the villains. Sort of glorifying our hero.

  • Yaar sonnAlum kEtka mAttAn. Thanakku serinu pattA, athu tappunnAlum atha seriyA pannuvAn...


  • 4. Looks like stunts are going to be major highlight of the movie. Heavy usage of bike, cars, jet, boat and the chases are impressive. Cameraman needs a special mention. Being the best cameraman's assistant, he managed to live up to it. I just curious to see how the song sequences are shot.

    5. I feel happy and proud at the same time, to see "Inay Iyakkam: Ajith Kumar" in the credit section.

    My Worries

    1. Background score is quite unimpressive. Besides, last few seconds - the vroom sounds of car engine and the way that sequence is shown, just reminds me of the recent James Bond flick. Hope Baradhwaj has done a decent job atleast to match up to the roaring visuals. On the other hand, re-recording work is impressive. Engine sounds, Looks like Baradhwaj has taken extra care in producing minor sounds, i.e knife part.

    2. Trailer carries a few 'gethu' walks of our Thala. Eventhough it will be cherished for sure by fans, hopefully the director would have not overdone it.

    3. There shouldn't be any room for "all style no substance" kind of statements.

    4. To me, the whole trailer and movie would have been in a different level had it been scored by Yuvan. Atleast they could have oursourced the background score to Yuvan. Nevertheless, hope for the best and lets wish the whole product to be a winner just like our Billa.

    5. Last but not least, as we observe closely, there is not a single scene where Ajith smiles. Looks like Aasal won't have the jovial Ajith we knew. Atleast in Billa, the Velu character provides the jovial and charming elements. It is totally missing here. I will be extremely happy if the movie prove me wrong.

    Overall, I suppose each and every fan of our "Ultimate Star", oops, 'Thala' Ajith will satisfy by the trailer. I have regained my confidence (a little bit ;p) I lost before due to Saran. I'm pretty sure Thala will be delight to watch on big screen after almost one year and a half. 10 more days to go and 'Thala' countdown begins...
    Praying the Almighty...

    6 comments :

    1. ட்ரெயிலர் நல்லாயிருக்கு பாஸ்,ஆனா எனக்கு இங்கிலீசு ஒண்ணுமே புரியாது, அதனால நீங்க என்ன எழுதி இருக்கிறீர்கள் என்று புரியல பாஸ்...

      ReplyDelete
    2. @எப்பூடி

      நண்பரே, வேரொன்றும் இல்லை. எனக்கு என்னென்ன விசயங்கள் பிடிதிருக்கின்றன, குறைப்பாடுகள் போன்றவற்றை எழுதியுள்ளேன். அது போக நான் அஞ்சும், இயக்குனர் தவிர்க்க வேண்டிய சில அம்சங்களையும் கூறியுள்ளேன். கண்டிப்பாக படத்தைப் பாருங்கள். நல்லதோ, கெட்டதோ, உங்கள் குருத்துக்களைப் பகிர்ந்து கொள்வீர்கள் என நம்புகிறேன். உங்கள் வருகைக்கு நன்றி. மீண்டும் வருக. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. TF,

      I liked your 4th point in your worries. :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. @yuvan (MJ)

      Romba unarchivasapattu ennOda kavalai-a ezithirukkEn and u say u like it. :hammer:

      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. ungalukku unga kavalai enannakku ennoda kavalai :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. @MJ (yuvan)

      Haha... All those frens and fans I know say just one thing - "Music should be gone for Yuvan..."
      Missed aagiduchu. Hope to see Ajith-Yuvan combo real soon :)

      ReplyDelete